Vegetable and Quinoa Soup
I think this might be my favourite way to eat quinoa! The miso and white pepper together give amazing depth of flavour and warmth. I like it like this, as a broth-like soup, but it can be thickened with a tablespoon of cornflour mixed with two tablespoons of cold water stirred in with the peas if you prefer a thick soup.
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 tbs olive oil or coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 handful kale chopped
- ¼ cup peas
- 2 tbsp quinoa
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 750 ml of vegetable or other light flavoured stock
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sweet white miso
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Finely dice the onion, carrot and celery.
- Soften the onion, celery and carrot in a saucepan in the oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the peas.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and parsley and cook for a further 5 minutes.