Sweet Potato and Courgette Salad Bowl
An easy, nutritious lunch made interesting with sweet paprika and peppery rocket. Prepare the courgette and sweet potato in advance. There's enough for 2 lunches and you'll be so happy to have everything ready to go during the week when you're hungry!Add some cubes of dairy or vegan feta and/or olives if you need a little more.
- 2 Small sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 Courgette cut into half moons
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Handful of rocket
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 egg boiled
- 1 tsp Ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Toss your sweet potato and courgette in the sweet paprika and 1 tablespoon of oil
- Bake in the oven, preheated to 190 degrees centigrade, gas mark 5 for about 30 minutes, shaking half way, or until the potato is tender.
- Allow to cool completely, and then keep in the fridge until you are ready to use, up to 4-5 days depending on the temperature of your fridge.
- To serve, combine half of the potato and courgette in a bowl with the boiled egg, cut into quarters or half, the spring onion, the rocket and the flax and the pumpkin seeds
- Mix the dijon and balsamic together in a jar with a lid or with a whisk. When well combined, add the 3 tablespoons of oil and whisk or shake to combine. Pour over your salad, reserving half to serve with the other half of the potato and courgette.