Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree
Ideal for a really quick dinner but also great for weekend brunch. The mackerel can easily be swapped for smoked salmon, trout or even tinned tuna.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 1 bunch spring onions whites sliced, green ends finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 1 pack Tilda steamed brown rice
- 150 g smoked mackerel flaked into chunks
- Hard-boil your eggs.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan gently heat olive oil and add the whites of the spring onions and cook for 1 minute,
- Add the peas and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and a tablespoon of water and heat through.
- Add the mackerel and heat for 2-3 minutes, mixing well but try not to break up the mackerel too much.
- Peel the eggs and halve or quarter to taste.
- Serve the rice with the eggs and finely sliced green ends of the spring onions.
I like to eat mine with a dollop of Patak’s Aubergine (Brinjal) Pickle – delicious!