Lemon & Lime Trout with Green Rice
Servings: 2 People
- 2 whole trout gutted
- 1 lemon sliced into 4 disc-shaped slices
- 1 lime sliced into 4 disc-shaped slices
- chilli flakes optional
- Pre-cooked wholegrain brown rice or quinoa or both. We used Seeds of Change Quinoa and Rice x 1 pack
- 1 small onion finely chopped (or x 8 spring onions)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- broad beans shelled if fresh (frozen can also be used)
- 1-2 handfuls kale leaves very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Cut x 2 pieces of baking parchment large enough to fit the fish lengthways and to encase entirely in a parcel
- In one piece of parchment drizzle some olive oil. Place the fish in the centre. Season generously with sea salt, pepper and chilli flakes if using.
- Place the lemon and lime slices on the top of the fish and wrap by bringing the short ends up and folding, leaving just enough space inside the parcel to allow the fish to steam.
- Repeat with the other fish. Place parcels in an oven proof dish and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam and pod the broad beans
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the onion for 3 minutes until soften and just changing colour. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and heat through for 2 minutes. Add the finely chopped kale and broadbeans and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove trout from the oven and serve with the green rice and a generous squeeze of lemon or lime juice.