Tuna & Mango Salad
Fast food that is so good for you! Dinner in 15 minutes.
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- 1 ripe mango diced
- Half red onion finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bag green salad we used rocket, spinach & watercress
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes halved (mixed variety & colours works well)
- Pinch chilli flakes optional
- Olive oil
- Heat a griddle pan to very hot.
- Season both sides of tuna steaks with salt and pepper, chilli flakes if using and brush with olive oil.
- Meanwhile get the salad ingredients together on 2 plates.
- Add the tuna to the hot pan and sear for 2 minutes on each side for rare, or up to 5 minutes each side if you prefer your tuna well cooked.
- Dress the salad with olive oil, a generous squeeze of lime juice, salt & pepper.
- Serve the tuna on top with another good squeeze of lime.